EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Pretty sure my HCG is going up, this is literally at the 1 minute mark. Yikes those are some nice dark lines at 13DPO!

Attachments

• 20170615_104639_resized.jpg
    20170615_104639_resized.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 6
Apparently, I start to reply, fall asleep or go back to work & forget, later try to reply to another. There is now a long list I have partially commented on... ugh.

Good happy morning everyone. Strange ugly smell coming from incubator number two. Going to candle this am although early. I'm afraid sweating eggs were perhaps older as well. Although they said they get lot of eggs from this variety so that shouldn't be an issue.

Ugh. I noticed in my last shipment some pink glow in eggs on arrival & one was sweating. The bubble wrap was tight. Mine was an early blood ring. Did I read you had one that is leaking?

Turning them? What does that do?

My understanding is that we turn them so that they don't stick inside their shell & continue to move freely. But, that just brought up a couple things for me. I recently reread Sally's Incubating 101 again. There are a couple findings regarding storage of eggs small side up (and no need to turn in this position during storage). If I'm missing something, please let me know, because I never hear that discussed.
Pretty sure my HCG is going up, this is literally at the 1 minute mark. Yikes those are some nice dark lines at 13DPO!

Whoohoo! Yep! That's definite! I'll live vicariously through you...

Last edited:
That's super! SOOOOO much driving otherwise! :clap

Yikes! :fl

My apologies - I thought you were answered. Looks like you got some answers this AM. There is some really good stuff on shipped eggs in the first/second post in this thread. I read it and followed it, and had pretty good results despite a disastrous trip through the USPS:

View attachment 1043207

So cute!!!!! :love

I'm off again today (so that I can get more done on projects and chores). If all goes well, the S&G girls will get their paddock today. Having some breakfast before I head out to do the water for everyone.

Yep, I did get some answers! Thanks :) I'm super hesitant to put these in the incubator b/c we leave for a 3 day trip this evening and I won't be home to monitor it. I have it plugged in and I'm going to see if I can get the temp regulated before this evening :barnie then have them sit up in the bator for the few days we're gone. Then from there I'll candle and see whats going on.

The two that were seeping (maybe or just sweating) I can no longer identify as I accidentally mixed them back in with the rest, so I'm a bit concerned about that. I don't know what else I can do other that put the three that DIDN'T have detached air sacs under broody and at least hope for 3 babies while the others are set in the bator

:he

Apparently, I start to reply, fall asleep or go back to work & forget, later try to reply to another. There is now a long list I have partially commented on... ugh.

Ugh. I noticed in my last shipment some pink glow in eggs on arrival & one was sweating. The bubble wrap was tight. Mine was an early blood ring. Did I read you had one that is leaking?

Whoohoo! Yep! That's definite! I'll live vicariously through you...
Yes one leaking. Mine had pink marker pen that was blurry. Of the five I checked no development at all. They were Dark Cornish Bantams

Back
Top Bottom