Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodney - you're too nice! Thanks, but you and I both know the luck of the draw wasn't anyting you could control. I appreciate the offer. I'm not incubating yet. Looking into it, but havn't done enough research to find the best method/tools to do it. I'll get some more hens after I find a good safe home for the two boys - Mary Kate and Sunday.
Maybe, but I would still like to see you guys with some nice hens. Let me know when you decide to try incubating and I'll give you some of my project eggs....or a couple barred rock pullets. I'll have plenty standard rocks later in the year since I'm only working on a certain color.

unless your really adventurous and want to try and build an incubator....I recommend a brinsea 20 or a hovabator Genesis
http://incubatorwarehouse.com/hova-bator-genesis-1588-advanced-kit.html

Last edited:
Maybe, but I would still like to see you guys with some nice hens. Let me know when you decide to try incubating and I'll give you some of my project eggs....or a couple barred rock pullets. I'll have plenty standard rocks later in the year since I'm only working on a certain color.

unless your really adventurous and want to try and build an incubator....I recommend a brinsea 20 or a hovabator Genesis
http://incubatorwarehouse.com/hova-bator-genesis-1588-advanced-kit.html
Thanks Rodney - I've got incubating on the horizon. Must first make a space in the basement to keep them until they are outside worthy....it's on my to do list.

Not sure if I want to build my first one. Would rather know that I'm doing something wrong that to second guess my building skills.
cool.png

Tomorrow is LD day for NYD hatches! Think mine are going to be a day early though. When I candled this evening I noticed I have one already making little pecking sounds. Sure hope this does not mean a bunch of roos!!!! Good Luck to everyone!

Hey guys! I've been away for a while. Hope everyone's NYD hatches are going well. I just hatched out some Seramas. I was very surprised that I hatched out a frizzled turken. The seller sent an oops egg. Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Hope I haven't missed anything on here.

Okay its been several weeks since my last update on my Orps from Daphne. I think after I lost the only pullet I got a little sad and just didn't post. So here are my 3 boys (man was I wrong on my guess). They are 16 weeks now ( I think).

Black one

Blue runt

Blue originally sexed as cockerel

Finally here are pics of Boris & Bebe (2-4 weeks older than above ones, not from Daphne)
she is also in the pic behind the
black one above (so this is blurry)

Well, it looks like my NYD hatch is gonna be early. I have cracked shells in about 4 of mine.
ep.gif
They were dancing around last night and I figured they would come early. As long as they are healthy, I will be happy though. Although, I am like Terry...hope this doesn't mean a bunch of little roo's.
fl.gif

Nice Orps, Angie. I wondered if you would update us. I hate you lost your pullet, but the boys are still nice.

Lunar- thank you and congrats on the hatch. Good luck on getting some pullets.

itsthelaw- glad you like the nipple buckets. I have one that I have not even set up yet.
hide.gif
I have been considering it with an aquarium heater place in the bottom.

Wishing everyone a good NYD hatch!

been sick after taking care if an ill friend, so just didnt feel up to pouring through the pages, but hope all is well and everyone has had a great holiday season so far and has a happy new year! finally got the ump to tear into and get most of my rabbit rack caging set up, and man does that setup take a bit to do, but so much better than others since i got up, though for birds its not so great with the so small grating on bottom, when broody hens make dino poops..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom