Easter-eggers?

newchknmama

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Middleton ID
I just bought my first 4 chicks and am starting to doubt that I got what I asked for. I got a Light Brahma, a BO, a SLW and I asked for an araucana. I wanted one that will lay colored eggs for a variation. This one I dont think is an araucana. She (I hope) does not have poofy cheeks, has bright yellow legs, and is smaller than her brooder mates and to me, stands more upright than the others.. Im too new and dont think I can post pictures yet. Her coloring is like the SLW but with chipmunk striping and not browns, just dark and light grays. She is a very spry little thing. Do I have an easter-egger? did I get duped? Ill love her anyways but 4 was my limit and I really wanted a EE.

83590_img_0761.jpg

83590_img_0762.jpg

here is a picture of her

I appreciate the reponses so far

Looking at that behindl, you just might possibly have a true Araucana.
smile.png
If she grows up to have NO tail, that's an Araucana. . . She'll be a beautiful Silver Duckwing like this girl of mine:

5556220688_6fedbd74e5_o.jpg

Sometimes the legs don't turn green until a week or two. I got two EE's last year, one with a muff and one without. The both lay blue green eggs.

Here is a picture of Lola at 1 week old. No muff and her legs are just, just starting to turn green in this pic.
47159_lola2_1_week.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Looks a wyandotte to me too!

Here is my Wyandotte.. they aren't even shaped the same.. the Wyandote is so poofy! Witha big round body and rump.
83590_img_0769.jpg

Back
Top Bottom