Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

These are my girls at 13 weeks

Hello! Have an EE that I wanted to share with y'all. Not sure if this one is a hen or a roo...still might be a bit early to tell for sure, but I figured I'd run it by some trained eyes first.

**now that I think about it I am I'm leaning towards hen (mainly due to the lack of a developing comb), but this is my first go around with EE's so sexing them is not yet a strong suit for me.

Last edited:
Are you sure? Or is this a 2 cents reply. I am already emotionally vested in this bird. She has some orange feathers around the shoulders that worry me. Seen in this picture. I need reassurance.

Are you sure? Or is this a 2 cents reply. I am already emotionally vested in this bird. She has some orange feathers around the shoulders that worry me. Seen in this picture. I need reassurance.
How old is the bird? Comb looks like a pullet, but a clear close straight on shot would help. That color looks more gold than rooster red.

Went back and looked. At originals. Need an age. Is the color of the comb more accurate in this pic (red) or the close up posted earlier (pale)?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom