Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

The picture of the whiteish chick with the dark spot on the wing is defiantly a pullet. She isnt in the picture. Out of twelve I have three definate roosters. This one is tricky because of its pattern and it has a pinker comb but not as pink or as large as the others. I put the two black and white together so you can compare.
. They are almost 8 weeks

Last edited:
OK chicken people here's our newest EE
EE X Polish blended

While photographing these chicks along with all their darks colored family (only 2 hatched white - ish
Could this be the secret to sexing chickens...???
Goodness gracious me I hope so because I have separated our based on this assumption and out own little testing.
Look at these birds nostrils..
males have more open nostrils...I've looked back at all my images of all our past questionables.
The females nostrils are more closed and males more open.
but these two are apparrantly BIG differences

Maybe you can help us make this call
but we've made our guess on gender.

I'm putting together a presentation paper on this for upload as a possible gender indicator.
It'll be next week when I finish.

These Polish EE mixed are so full of personality

The picture of the whiteish chick with the dark spot on the wing is defiantly a pullet. She isnt in the picture. Out of twelve I have three definate roosters. This one is tricky because of its pattern and it has a pinker comb but not as pink or as large as the others. I put the two black and white together so you can compare.
. They are almost 8 weeks
Pretty birds! The pullet in back has an unusual tail. Not sure about the one in front. Could be a slow developing cockerel. There is a lot of white on the wing, but it seems to have more white all over. My first impression was pullet, but I don't know. Wish I could see the comb up close. Does it have a habit of standing between the camera and the pullets? That can be a cockerel thing. Or not. Helpful, huh?
big_smile.png

Updated pictures of my EEs

6 week old (oatmeal)

Porridge
6 weeks old

Princess
6 weeks old

Amazes me how quickly the grow and much they change
Pretty! The only one I'm not sure about is Princess. The comb looks a little pinker and larger than the others. I can't see it very clearly, though, nor her wings. Could easily be a pullet, just not as clear as the first two girls.

This EEer is 6 weeks old. Not red in comb like another EE I have that is definitely a roo, but the feather coloring has me leaning boy. Nothing bright or dark, yet - s/he's just too "pretty", lol... Thoughts?

Looks like a girl to me. Would have guessed older than 6 weeks though and that in part led me to my pick.

Back
Top Bottom