Easter Egger club!

Thanks for suggestion. I guess I can only post when I reply?
you are essentially "replying"to the overall thread. It doesn't have to be a reply to someone else. You can simply push the picture icon described earlier and it gives you the chance to upload from your device. You can add text. If you DO want to reply to or quote someone that is also an option.

This is Licorice. She was bought as a pullet, but the red feathering has me questioning that. Her comb isnt very big, but its a bit pink. She is 6 weeks old. What do you think?
do you know what they mean by saddle feathers? I zoomed in on your pics and I can see one questionable feather. The saddle feathers come from between the wings and on males are distinctly pointed. Easiest to tell by isolating one feather tip against a solid background like your hand. Pulletts saddle feathers are almost squared off at the end or at least much wider and rounder.

I posted her in the state thread as well and someone said that it looks like s/he is getting saddle feathers. Im all kinds of worried now as we cant have a rooster. I am not giving up on licorice yet though.
Male specific saddle feathers don't begin to develop until about 10 weeks of age, and can take many more weeks to be very obvious. Right now, your chick is showing no indications of being a cockerel, but it is still too young to be certain.

I am not sure about the feathers. This is our first year with chickens. Thats why I was asking for help
smile.png
I think I am just going to wait it out. I have until she is six months old based on our ordinances.

Only one chick really cooperated... but....can you help me identify their sex? If they are to young I can post more pics in a couple weeks...they are two weeks

#3 This blue chick seems a little roo-y to me...

And the ones above plus the ones that wouldn't cooperated

I am not sure about the feathers. This is our first year with chickens. Thats why I was asking for help :)  I think I am just going to wait it out. I have until she is six months old based on our ordinances. 
Goid plan ane Junnebugga is correct, I didn't notice you said earlier they were just 6 weeks, way too early to see saddle feathers, mine are the same age and they are just barely starting to emerge .

Back
Top Bottom