Easter Egger club!

My newest EE....

They are out of the shell.. I have a bunch of pipped eggs..... The ones marked CL are my crested cream leg bars....as you can see they are not appearing to hatch..YET,( fingers crossed.) the rest are all EE or EE crosses.(mutts)

Omg!!! I can't wait to see what they look like when they get bigger both adorable chickens and to combine them!
1f49c.png

Are your CL eggs pipping yet?

fl.gif

My CL eggs are just lying there taunting me.

They are not suppose to hatch until tomorrow, I am thinking I will wait until Sunday night to throw them out. I find it strange the others are hatching and the CL are not, but I know it is a combination of genetics and hatching conditions that determine length of incubation.

I am a little worried I may have to take some of the chicks out of the hatcher tomorrow evening to feed and water them. I hate opening the hatcher until they are all done hatching. I do a dry hatch method so I really need that humidity from the baby chicks hatching and drying off.

Quote:
I had the same problem with my legbars. It was bad genetics combined with a wonky diet from the lady I bought them from. After 6 months on a new diet, I am getting a 100% hatch from one hen and still about 20% from the others. I am using a different rooster, too, which I think made a small difference (he is fertile, but not producing chicks with the legbars). Most of mine quit after day 7 and didn't make it to lockdown. This last hatch I had 10 pip out of 15 eggs I set. Eight chicks hatched...two died in the shell after pipping in the middle and drowned.

If you do have to open the incubator, mist the inside with a spray bottle. It will keep your humidity up and should prevent any eggs that have pipped from shrink wrapping.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom