Easter Egger club!

From our blue egg layer a day early

ok I don't have pictures on this computer but I will post one soon... I have 3 Easter Eggers named Bunny, Bunny and Bunny because I couldn't tell them apart when they were small...one Andalusian and one Old English Game Bantam

My Andalusian started laying on Nov 7th and I'm guessing lays 6 out of 7 days each week... one Bunny started laying on the 15th and has only laid one other egg since

how often do EE's lay? and is a slow start(at least from what I kind of expected) a common thing?

my flock is energetic and active so I don't think anyone is ill... I am also in Southern Cal so the weather has been 50's-60's at night and 60's-80's in the daytime recently just in case weather matters

I noticed one of the Easter Eggers hiding in the corner yesterday behind some boxes looky looky what I found a genuine Easter egg hunt I guess she's been laying pretty regular since the 15th I have also got two from the coop

posting this from my phone using voice to text so I hope it makes sense

Last edited:
oh she looks like my pretty Gorgia, ohhh I hope she lays me pretty ones like that!!!

20 weeks and still looking for an egg... but from what Ive read here I may be waiting a long time. EE's take forever right?

Here are a couple of mine.
smile.png
there the only pictures I got on this computer right now, I'll try to get some more pic's up soon.

This is Integrity, she is a yearling beardless Easter egger.

This is her half sister Goldy.
big_smile.png

oh she looks like my pretty Gorgia, ohhh I hope she lays me pretty ones like that!!! 20 weeks and still looking for an egg... but from what Ive read here I may be waiting a long time. EE's take forever right?
Mine is 28 weeks and completely happy with her eggless, celibate life so far. No signs of laying any time soon. I love this coloring!!!

Last edited:

I noticed one of the Easter Eggers hiding in the corner yesterday behind some boxes looky looky what I found a genuine Easter egg hunt I guess she's been laying pretty regular since the 15th I have also got two from the coop

posting this from my phone using voice to text so I hope it makes sense
Where in So Cal are you? From the size difference on those eggs I think you might have more than one using that honey hole... My EEs laying patterns don't make any sense... They lay when the lay I guess.

Where in So Cal are you? From the size difference on those eggs I think you might have more than one using that honey hole... My EEs laying patterns don't make any sense... They lay when the lay I guess.

I am in the Westminster, Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach area...since we're a chicken free area I won't be more specific :))

that is very possible, I have three EE's along with my Andalusian and the Old English Game bantam.... I picked up all five in I think the second week of June and I was told they were two to three weeks old at the time so the are all around 6months old now.... obviously since all the eggs are green they came from the EE's or EE....they are all the same shade so I am assuming they came from the same bird...but we know what happens when we assume

Another reason I am thinking its only one is because one EE and the Andalusian refuse to return to the coop and run at dark...they roost on the back of the school bench on my patio up against the house and I have to manually carry them to the door of the run each night (the school bench is three feet from the egg stash)...why the Andalusian doesn't return is beyond me, she lays in the coop every time.

Now that I found the stash I will keep checking and see how many appear and how often...they all should be laying relatively soon if everyone hasn't started already without my knowledge

I was hoping each EE lays eggs of a different color but maybe they are all the same since they came from the same litter (or whatever a batch of chickens is called)

I'll see what appears over the holiday and report back either on the weekend or early next week what I have found

Back
Top Bottom