Easter Egger club!

Single comb doesn't rule out blue eggs.
This hen is single comb, yellow legged and tuftless but lays the prettiest mint eggs daily. She's one of my best producers. So far her chicks look promising. Don't write them off just yet. Your hens might surprise you.
I hope my Elsa surprises me.

We're very eggcited
about out EE eggs

Look what I found today. Thought my bantam would lay first and this is really small but it is pink/brownish. Do you think Tiger (EE) laid it?

Here is a comparison to a white store bought egg.

Why would you want to cull a perfectly good egger just because it doesnt throw out a certain color egg? That makes no dang sense.
My original plan was to have green and olive eggs. The EEs I bought grew up to be cockerels. I got a mix of hens from someone but they are all brown egg layers. I hatched out some green and blue eggs, but the only chick with a pea comb is a cockerel. I doubt the pullets will lay green eggs. So, the short of it is that I'm up to nearly 20 hens and pullets, which is way too many, and I'm getting lots and lots of brown eggs. I have two pullets that are supposed to lay colored eggs, so once they start laying some of the others will have to be rehomed. It will be hard to decide who not to keep because I like them all! However, the reality is that as the chicks grow my coop is going to get a bit crowded. That is why I'm going to rehome some of my layers. Some else is going to get some reliable laying hens though!

Back
Top Bottom