Easter Egger club!

They are gorgeous! The top one DOES look like my Agnes. Too funny, I also like how it fades at the sides. All of your EE's are gorgeous. I am intrigued by the bottom bird. what wonderful patchwork coloring.
Haha yea the rooster? We call him mouse since when he was a chick he was all gray and small (banty).
smile.png
Three of them I got at TSC and the other one I got from Hoffman Hatchery.

Haha yea the rooster? We call him mouse since when he was a chick he was all gray and small (banty). :)  Three of them I got at TSC and the other one I got from Hoffman Hatchery.

LMAO, he's no mouse now, and I bet he knows it ;) .

I wish I could keep a rooster. Our Barred Rock began crowing at the ripe old age of 8 months and ratted himself out, lol. We had a Rooster in the hen house. She/he was awesome; great personality and quite tame, but just too loud for my city neighborhood.

LMAO, he's no mouse now, and I bet he knows it
wink.png

I wish I could keep a rooster. Our Barred Rock began crowing at the ripe old age of 8 months and ratted himself out, lol. We had a Rooster in the hen house. She/he was awesome; great personality and quite tame, but just too loud for my city neighborhood.
That's sucks. I don't have to worry about that because I don't live near any houses. Just out in the woods
smile.png
What state do you live in?

My other EE laid her first egg for me yesterday afternoon, another Blue, that make me a 2 blue egg layers, this one is bigger then the other one.

the brown egg is just to help show the color a bit more cause my camera sucks.

not cleaned yet, I put them in the cartoon to help see them better, I got all those yesterday, my girls are picking up... cant wait till they all are laying...
celebrate.gif

In my attempt to alleviate the fighting over nesting space, I added two cardboard boxes that I cut the ends out of, to the other end of the coop. Apparently the girls didn't like them. They immidiatly kicked all the bedding out of them, and started laying in the corner next to them. This is a very inconvenient spot to get to for gathering the eggs :(
So today I am going to have to climb into the coop, remove the boxes...and figure something else out. And I'll probably have to put the terricata eggs back in there to show them where to lay...sigh...

In my attempt to alleviate the fighting over nesting space, I added two cardboard boxes that I cut the ends out of, to the other end of the coop. Apparently the girls didn't like them. They immidiatly kicked all the bedding out of them, and started laying in the corner next to them. This is a very inconvenient spot to get to for gathering the eggs
sad.png

So today I am going to have to climb into the coop, remove the boxes...and figure something else out. And I'll probably have to put the terricata eggs back in there to show them where to lay...sigh...
am having that same problem... nothing I put in for them is liked ... I have 5 boxes and 24 hens.

My other EE laid her first egg for me yesterday afternoon, another Blue, that make me a 2 blue egg layers, this one is bigger then the other one. the brown egg is just to help show the color a bit more cause my camera sucks. not cleaned yet, I put them in the cartoon to help see them better, I got all those yesterday, my girls are picking up... cant wait till they all are laying... :celebrate
Beautiful eggs!

In my attempt to alleviate the fighting over nesting space, I added two cardboard boxes that I cut the ends out of, to the other end of the coop. Apparently the girls didn't like them. They immidiatly kicked all the bedding out of them, and started laying in the corner next to them. This is a very inconvenient spot to get to for gathering the eggs :(

LOL.. I have to use golf balls. If a golf ball gets kicked out of the nest, they will lay next to it on the ground. :)

Back
Top Bottom