22. CLEAR
  23. Blue Frizzle Cochin @Ilovemychicks08HATCHED 4/8
  24. Blue Frizzle Cochin @Quarterhorses1 Hatched 4/8
  25. Blue Frizzle Cochin. @Farmgirl283420 Hatched 4/7
  26. Blue Frizzle Cochin. @10eggsaday Hatched 4/7
  27. EE (teal egg) @Shipgirl Hatched 4/7
  28. EE (teal egg) @MochaLatte Hatched 4/7 "TIKI"
Congratulations on all the babies!

Well the broody did NOT work out!! Yikes! Ran out there and grabbed both chicks. One was doing great. One chilled and had a peck mark on the head but looked like a scratch. Both in the incubator....
Oh no…just in the Nick of time! And at least you know…

I’m giving my broody new eggs tomorrow. My SF spent more time off the eggs than on them, and if I get one (now in the incubator) to hatch I’ll be happy. The FBCM has been diligent, I have to pick her up every morning and force her to eat and go to the bathroom. She sits the rest of the day. 4 weeks of sitting instead of 3 shouldn’t hurt her, right?

Oh no…just in the Nick of time! And at least you know…

I’m giving my broody new eggs tomorrow. My SF spent more time off the eggs than on them, and if I get one (now in the incubator) to hatch I’ll be happy. The FBCM has been diligent, I have to pick her up every morning and force her to eat and go to the bathroom. She sits the rest of the day. 4 weeks of sitting instead of 3 shouldn’t hurt her, right?
She should be fine. one of mine sat for close to 5 weeks last year. She sat for about a week to 10 days before I got my shipped eggs in. Then sat on those and a couple of my own and only one of mine hatched. I had 4 broodies raise babies last year and they were all great. This year I am not having luck with them. One was moved off her nest and another girl scratched around in it and broke her eggs (guessing broke them? and then ate them. UGH!!!!!! since they normally won't even peck at eggs in a nest box unless broken. If laid outside of the box they will eat them....... Then this one, Now not sure if she would have been fine and it was a light peck to get it under her but I wasn't taking the chance after the other one was injured and not under her. Both of these girls are last years chicks so not any that were broody last year.

Back
Top Bottom