electrycmonk

_This space intentionally left blank_
Aug 8, 2019
Happily caught in the 'Denton vortex', Tx
My Coop
My Coop
We’ll start with this link:

https://spaghettimodels.com/default.htm

…plenty of graphics to educate yourself with….
Which is where I screenshot this image:
47F9BA44-14DA-4E75-AA41-BF46CCA7C9A2.jpeg
@TheDawg @Sapphire Sebright you two get ready for some storm activity!

I've been watching the weather and worrying about y'all Up North. The last remnants of Fred tore us up just a couple of days ago, but Henri (luckily) stayed far enough "out" that all we got was rough surf along the Eastern Shore. I held back starting my last batch of eggs, just in case power went out. It doesn't usually stay out long here, but I can't afford to replace a blown 'bator if it surges.
Stay Safe, everybody ... and batten down those hatches!

Fred causes major flood damage up here as late as last night. And now another storm already? This is ridiculous...

Seeing the devastation suffered by others here and down South, our damage is minor, but I have to admit that Ida's aftermath nailed us. Personally, we fared pretty well. My newly cleaned coop (of course, right?) was soaked through (we're replacing half the roof, today) and there was an unexpected pond in the run, but after the intensity of the storm, I was shocked that we got away so easily.

The winds were wild-crazy. The flood and tornado alerts went on for hours, every ten-to-twenty minutes or so during the height of the storm. We won't discuss the tornados ... other than to say that I'm grateful they were a ten minute drive from my place. Ouch.

Flooding was dramatic, to say the least. It wasn't the worst I've seen here, but it was bad, mostly because the current was rapids-worthy! With the ground already super-saturated, we lost a lot of trees, too, including an ancient oak in Elkton that I think the entire county will mourn. Still, we were lucky. I'll take it ... just not very soon, again, please?

My prayers go out to everyone affected by this mess - people and creatures, alike. On a more positive note, keep your fingers crossed for us. I've put in a couple of applications for "Clear The Shelter" rescue dogs. Hopefully, we can find our next family member and make rescue room for another.

Back
Top Bottom