Ducklings that Whistle

Luv Ducks

Free Ranging
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
I have two Khaki Campbell two week old ducklings. One has started to let out a shrill whistle just like a humans. It is only occasionally. When my Mallard ducklings did this they turned out to be males. Does anyone have a duckling that could whistle and it turned out to be a female? I am just curious and was hoping I had two females. Thanks for any input.

I didn’t know this and I have raised tons of little ones both girls and boys. I will definitely watch for this now though
Usually by 4-5 weeks I know the girls by the quaking starting
Most of my girls would take forever to quack. They would keep me in suspense so the whistle would always help. I rehome 4 young ducks this past summer and thought that at least one was a girl. The new owners contacted me and told me they were all girls. A couple of months later the called me back and said one girl, 3 boys. lol

I have two Khaki Campbell two week old ducklings. One has started to let out a shrill whistle just like a humans. It is only occasionally. When my Mallard ducklings did this they turned out to be males. Does anyone have a duckling that could whistle and it turned out to be a female? I am just curious and was hoping I had two females. Thanks for any input.
I was shocked when I bought two Runner Ducklings and one whistled this Spring. I thought for sure I had a drake and hen. They both turned out to be Hens!!!!! They quack their heads off so Hens can whistle after all if scared.

Back
Top Bottom