Ducklings like heights?

The Rouenator

In the Brooder
May 19, 2018
Hey all
I have 4 (5) day old rouen ducklings.
They like to climb up onto my chest and are very curious about my face. I wonder if this is normal?

Also they seem to like heights like my shoulder which makes me nervous that they could fall and get hurt.
Anyone else's fowl do this?

Yes they love to snuggle under chins but if your standing up I sure wouldn’t let them climb up there they can be injured from a fall like that especially your shoulder. Sitting on the sofa would be fine as long as your aware of where they are. My lil duckling loved to climb under the towel I kept over my shoulder gues he figured it was my feathers

Hey all
I have 4 (5) day old rouen ducklings.
They like to climb up onto my chest and are very curious about my face. I wonder if this is normal?

Also they seem to like heights like my shoulder which makes me nervous that they could fall and get hurt.
Anyone else's fowl do this?

Try sitting down and letting them climb on your lap but don' let or encourage them to be to high up, Rouens often get to heavy and can get hurt if they should fall.

Muscovy ducks like being high up but they have long sharp nails on their feet that help them hold on and are much better fliers that Rouens.

Back
Top Bottom