• Other

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
Love duckling kisses❤️💕

Attachments

• IMG_20231007_185628348.jpg
    IMG_20231007_185628348.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 9
As normal as swimming. If a drake, it can lead to dominance behavior when they're older, hens not so much though I had a 6-week hen that would put small bruises all over my wife's arms when she'd bring snacks. We often don't know hen or drake until older. Pinning can put a stop to pecking but be easy about it and you may not want to until pecking is painful. They are sensitive creatures, and some pecking is just an expression of being duck. Less than month old, just exploring their world. Later, if pecking is constant, like a jack hammer, and is starting to hurt, place your thumb and finger around her neck, gentle, don't squeeze, and push down on her back with base of palm or palm depending on her size. Hold duckling down for 10 or 20 secs, long enough for duckling to realize she should gentle down. Enjoy your baby ducks.

Ducklings learn by touch like all babies do. Everything to the mouth...:frow..Normal and it's up to you to teach right and wrong noodling just like with puppies that bite..

The puppy analogy is a good one. It's sorta a balance you seek and establish.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom