Duckling Grow-A-Long!

Pics
When are they supposed to start quacking? My biggest duckling sounds a bit like she is starting quacking, but it is a very faint noise, in between the peeps. Hopefully it's a she!!
When I raised several rounds of runners it seemed like three weeks would be early for quacks but I did have it start then occasionally? Maybe more like 5 weeks-ish?

A week or so ago I heard this humming honking type noise from one of my Swedish, but that's it, she does it every once and awhile. In fact I just heard her do it. I hope they start soon cause if not then I'll be worrying I'll have a bunch of drakes! 😳

How exactly does the quack you're hearing sound?
I’ve heard some of what you describe from the Swedish- an almost, hmmm was that… kinda honk/quack. Which will become a real quack, I’m certain 🥰

First day outside. It had been raining a lot, and today was kind of ok. They were outside for an hour only, because I was afraid they could get chilled. They were soooo happy, running around the pen. They are starting to grow feathers :)
20240310_163740.jpg
20240310_163756.jpg

Oh wow! They grow very fast. I've been weighing my duckies too, haven't weighed the big ones in a week though.
I weighed the littles ones yesterday and tonight, yesterday they were 44g and 53g, today they're 68g and 76g!
I weighed the big ones last night, and they doubled in weight in a week!!!

I’ve heard some of what you describe from the Swedish- an almost, hmmm was that… kinda honk/quack. Which will become a real quack, I’m certain 🥰
Yeah, exactly! I'm glad it'll be a quack! I think that is more support for it being a girl, since they get their voices sooner.

First day outside. It had been raining a lot, and today was kind of ok. They were outside for an hour only, because I was afraid they could get chilled. They were soooo happy, running around the pen. They are starting to grow feathers :)View attachment 3768554View attachment 3768555
Awww, cute! They love being outside!
My older ducklings are getting their feathers as well.

Back
Top Bottom