Duckling Grow-A-Long!

Pics
Be careful with this last Sept when I had 2 Runner ducklings I had a waterer made for them and a taller waterer for mama I watched the ducklings for 2 days to make sure they could not launch themselves into mama's waterer I went to the grocery store came home went to check on ducklings and one had somehow "launched" itself into mama's waterer was completely lifeless when I got it out like dead lifeless I brought it inside and laid it on a towel on top of the heat vent in my kitchen kept rubbing its little chest then would turn it over onto its belly and rub it's back to try and get any water out. After 30min the little duckling began to make tiny sounds after an hour it was up trying to walk I went and got mama and its sibling and brought them inside and soon the little one was ready to go back out and had never shown any sign of drowning. I never want to go through that again and I would have never thought that little duckling could get into that waterer . The waterer I IMG_2627.jpeg made for mom was a tall plastic coffee can with lid I had cut a hole into so mom could drink and ducklings could not this is the one the ducklings had

Last edited:
Be careful with this last Sept when I had 2 Runner ducklings I had a waterer made for them and a taller waterer for mama I watched the ducklings for 2 days to make sure they could not launch themselves into mama's waterer I went to the grocery store came home went to check on ducklings and one had somehow "launched" itself into mama's waterer was completely lifeless when I got it out like dead lifeless I brought it inside and laid it on a towel on top of the heat vent in my kitchen kept rubbing its little chest then would turn it over onto its belly and rub it's back to try and get any water out. After 30min the little duckling began to make tiny sounds after an hour it was up trying to walk I went and got mama and its sibling and brought them inside and soon the little one was ready to go back out and had never shown any sign of drowning. I never want to go through that again and I would have never thought that little duckling could get into that waterer eight. The waterer IView attachment 3766656 made for mom was a tall plastic coffee can with lid I had cut a hole into so mom could drink and ducklings could not this is the one the ducklings had
That makes sense, and I’ll only do the jug now that these girls are quite big.

I lost a beautiful bantam last fall to a water bucket 😭 She was full grown but somehow must have decided she couldn’t get out and died of the cold, not drowning because she was right size up 😭😭😭

I lost a beautiful bantam last fall to a water bucket 😭 She was full grown but somehow must have decided she couldn’t get out and died of the cold, not drowning because she was right size up 😭😭😭
It's so sad I lost a chick that way. I think the sides are too slick they can't grasp anything to get out once in.

So sorry for your loss. :hugs

Be careful with this last Sept when I had 2 Runner ducklings I had a waterer made for them and a taller waterer for mama I watched the ducklings for 2 days to make sure they could not launch themselves into mama's waterer I went to the grocery store came home went to check on ducklings and one had somehow "launched" itself into mama's waterer was completely lifeless when I got it out like dead lifeless I brought it inside and laid it on a towel on top of the heat vent in my kitchen kept rubbing its little chest then would turn it over onto its belly and rub it's back to try and get any water out. After 30min the little duckling began to make tiny sounds after an hour it was up trying to walk I went and got mama and its sibling and brought them inside and soon the little one was ready to go back out and had never shown any sign of drowning. I never want to go through that again and I would have never thought that little duckling could get into that waterer . The waterer IView attachment 3766656 made for mom was a tall plastic coffee can with lid I had cut a hole into so mom could drink and ducklings could not this is the one the ducklings had
I didnt think of that...thats awful! I'm sorry that happened to you!
I just don't know what to use since they're getting so big...
How long can ducklings use that container pictured?

So sorry for your loss. :hugs
In happier news, Tail Feather tolerated a nail trim and was soothed after ☺️
Aww, that's adorable.
I’ve decided nibble-nibble-nibble and the beak grinding means happy?
I assume so!

Be careful with this last Sept when I had 2 Runner ducklings I had a waterer made for them and a taller waterer for mama I watched the ducklings for 2 days to make sure they could not launch themselves into mama's waterer I went to the grocery store came home went to check on ducklings and one had somehow "launched" itself into mama's waterer was completely lifeless when I got it out like dead lifeless I brought it inside and laid it on a towel on top of the heat vent in my kitchen kept rubbing its little chest then would turn it over onto its belly and rub it's back to try and get any water out. After 30min the little duckling began to make tiny sounds after an hour it was up trying to walk I went and got mama and its sibling and brought them inside and soon the little one was ready to go back out and had never shown any sign of drowning. I never want to go through that again and I would have never thought that little duckling could get into that waterer . The waterer IView attachment 3766656 made for mom was a tall plastic coffee can with lid I had cut a hole into so mom could drink and ducklings could not this is the one the ducklings had
Im sorry that happened

I made a waterer like that for the ducklings they quickly needed a larger one.

Back
Top Bottom