Duckling care for a week

sbolerjack

Songster
Sep 19, 2022
Southwest Alabama
I’m having to leave my ducklings with my elderly father for a week, and I’m looking for the easiest daily clean up solution possible. They will be kept in a sunroom in a trough. Will puppy pads work? I don’t want them to get splay leg. They will be 2.5 weeks old when I drop them off. TIA

The problem I have with them is the ducks eating the gel. Fortunately, it is non toxic but not good for them. I wouldn’t have your dad do anything you haven’t tried first. Personally I think deep shavings and the right kind of waterer (not a chicken waterer) are best.

The problem I have with them is the ducks eating the gel. Fortunately, it is non toxic but not good for them. I wouldn’t have your dad do anything you haven’t tried first. Personally I think deep shavings and the right kind of waterer (not a chicken waterer) are best.
I’ve never had any of my ducklings eat on them, wow that wouldn’t be good. You could put the pee pads under and shaving on top that way dad could just pick up the whole thing put in the trash and start fresh

Back
Top Bottom