Duckling 3 days old is sick help pls quite urgent

eibweN

In the Brooder
May 2, 2024
I'm a beginner and I believe my duckling has Riemerella anatipestifer Infection and so far the symptoms Ive seen is the head shaking, scratching head and yawning alot and also the green poop. It still seems energetic as of now but the other duckling I had whom I believe had the same infection just died earlier. Please help!! home remedies are very much needed since I don't think I can buy antibiotics.

I am not familiar with that disease. How are they housed? Have they been in contact with adults?

Head shaking and scratching can be because of external parasites, or it trying to clean it's nares. Be sure it can submerge it's bill fully in water to help it keep them clean. Most ducks have green poop in my experiences.

Make sure to feed a starter formulated for ducklings as they can have nutritional deficiencies if fed a regular chick starter.

I am not familiar with that disease. How are they housed? Have they been in contact with adults?

Head shaking and scratching can be because of external parasites, or it trying to clean it's nares. Be sure it can submerge it's bill fully in water to help it keep them clean. Most ducks have green poop in my experiences.

Make sure to feed a starter formulated for ducklings as they can have nutritional deficiencies if fed a regular chick starter.
Thanks for replying! I was busy with the duckling because I was scrambling for home remedies on Google I kinda panicked.

Update i believe it has diarrhea now and still same symptoms so I'm still looking for cures. Sadly it's a lone duck so I have to make do with entertaining it with a mirror and few toys. Im giving it oregano because I heard it's a natural antibiotic but I am feeding it food meant for ducks, but idk much because someone else bought it for me.

It's house is in a decent sized box at the moment and I do change the bedding which is tissue every day, I am planning on making a bigger housing when it gets better.
It's a very energetic duckling, it likes baths and does submerge it's beak fully sometimes if not everytime and I would be really sad to see it get weaker, hopefully never.
My bad for the long message I have a hard time shortening replies.

Back
Top Bottom