daisydoes

In the Brooder
May 8, 2017
Seattle, WA
We are getting our very first batch of ducklings next week! Starting out with 5 little girls, and I'm hoping to add a pair geese to the mix eventually. started building my 4'x8' duck house, and it's going very well. I'm planning to build a 20'x15' run, but I have some questions: I live just north of Seattle, and I'm not sure if my climate would permit me to do the deep litter method... What do you guys put in your runs? I'm hoping to not have to roof the whole thing, or any part of it for that matter. I was thinking of maybe sand, but wouldn't that be costly?

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what the North Seattle climate is like :confused:....

I personally use pea gravel- it's great drainage and the poop can easily be hosed away. I think the sand would very quickly turn into a sloppy mess after ducks have been on it.

Good luck :)

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what the North Seattle climate is like :confused:....

I personally use pea gravel- it's great drainage and the poop can easily be hosed away. I think the sand would very quickly turn into a sloppy mess after ducks have been on it.

Good luck :)
It rains for a pretty solid 9-10 months out of the year.
That sounds great!! And with as much rain as we get I'd hardly ever have to hose it down!

Back
Top Bottom