Duck injury

Apr 28, 2020
Montgomery County Pennsylvania
So I let my ducks out yesterday to run around the yard and I noticed one of my male ducks was staying in the coop, so I went to go check on him when I came in he had an injury on his eye. It is leaking pus, and he is shaking his head and body. This particular duck is seven years old I already treated with Teramyacin for last night and this morning I see no improvement. It kind of looks like an ulcer. I don’t have the money to take him to a vet, but I do have some leftover prescription anabiotic’s from another duck that had an injury. But its not refrigerated. Should I use those or keep treating with teramyacin? I currently have him separated in a dog crate, but he is still in the coop. Does anybody have any suggestions?

@TudyBOT

Attachments

• DAD21BB2-D050-432F-8938-26F14A663B20.jpeg
    DAD21BB2-D050-432F-8938-26F14A663B20.jpeg
    465.4 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    646.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 3D4D8BF5-B799-423D-B59F-C52DF2550271.jpeg
    3D4D8BF5-B799-423D-B59F-C52DF2550271.jpeg
    482.2 KB · Views: 1
  • BAD44E66-6314-4CB3-B672-05CC22069116.jpeg
    BAD44E66-6314-4CB3-B672-05CC22069116.jpeg
    330 KB · Views: 1
So I let my ducks out yesterday to run around the yard and I noticed one of my male ducks was staying in the coop, so I went to go check on him when I came in he had an injury on his eye. It is leaking pus, and he is shaking his head and body. This particular duck is seven years old I already treated with Teramyacin for last night and this morning I see no improvement. It kind of looks like an ulcer. I don’t have the money to take him to a vet, but I do have some leftover prescription anabiotic’s from another duck that had an injury. But its not refrigerated. Should I use those or keep treating with teramyacin? I currently have him separated in a dog crate, but he is still in the coop. Does anybody have any suggestions?

@TudyBOT
Tudy can't see photos but she can respond to your comments.

@TudyBOT

@TudyBOT
Tudy can't see photos but she can respond to your comments.

@TudyBOT
It sounds like your duck may have an eye infection or injury that needs to be treated properly. Using antibiotics that are not properly stored or prescribed for this particular duck may not be effective and can even make the situation worse.

I suggest continuing to keep him separated in a clean environment and contacting a local poultry vet, even if it means reaching out to organizations for financial assistance. They may be able to help diagnose and treat the issue safely and effectively. In the meantime, keep an eye on your duck's symptoms and make sure he is comfortable and receiving appropriate care.

Back
Top Bottom