Duck house

I'm not sure I'm reading this right, but it sounds like you are planning to have them locked into the house for a majority of each day at the beginning? If so, I assume that means you'll have food and water in the house with them? If so, I would not feel comfortable with that amount of space. What is the house like? What is the bedding? Is there
Yes the house has plenty of ventilation always
Chopped straw non dust
Food is inside water will b inside for the first while aswell aswell as outside natural stream runs past the house
I dont have to keep them inside for the first few days I can fence in an area 20 x 20 or so let them out
I can get them a bigger house no problem was just thing if it is suitable I'd use it couse it was there

I understand why people want your ducks to have more space. But, I treat my ducks' shelter like a bedroom. My house is 1,700 square feet, but my bedroom is only 10 by 12. I wouldn't want to live in it all the time, but it's plenty large enough to sleep in.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Agreed, I've used a 2x4 rabbit cage for ducklings and they outgrow it very very fast, no adult ducks should be in something that size. Maybe just 1 if you need to separate them from the flock because of an injury or something. It probably wouldn't even work as a temporary setup for 1 duck if it is t
There Indian runners

Need pics please.

I personally think it is to small to house even 1.

My chick brooder is 2'x4' and only handles a few chicks for the first 3 weeks then it's to small. Adult anything in that size unless it is a hospital situation seems way to tight to move around in.
Yea but theyed only b for a few hours at night and if there anything else like my runners theyll b all huddled up together
With good ventilation and light

You could probably squish 3 in there but if you can go bigger i would. That size would be to small to keep them in for more then the night, if you get a nasty storm its nice to be able to lock them in for a few days. Also bigger house means less frequent cleaning, my house is 50 sqft for 7 saxony and i have to clean the bedding once a week in the summer or i get ammonia.

Back
Top Bottom