duck eggs: dead or alive

jfishfam

Songster
9 Years
Jul 1, 2010
Northern Indiana
I am hoping somebody can help us out. My son is using an incubator to hatch a couple of duck eggs. Problem is that he isn't sure when he put them in (his first time for hatching). We think they are around 22-27 days. One of the eggs looks different when he candles it, kind of has some dark spots that he says are new. I am going to try to post some pictures, could anybody tell me if it looks like the duckling died or is it still alive and we need to wait? I'm going to try to figure out how to post a picture. Thx

Your best bet right now is to just upload a pic to photobucket and use the img tag it gives you. You can't upload here until you have a certain number of posts. I would be interested to see what your eggs look like. I am also on my first hatch of duck eggs.

Ok, I'm going to try to post the link to the pictures. Could somebody let me know if it works? Thx.
baileytoduckeggs140-1.jpg

baileytoduckeggs145.jpg

baileytoduckeggs141.jpg

baileytoduckeggs140.jpg

baileytoduckeggs139.jpg

From those photos all you can see is light and dark - which would indicate there is a duckling in there rather than a rotten non fertile egg -however the best way to tell if it is still alive is to look at the area right behind the aircell- there should be a few small areas where you can see a little more light when candled. Look in this area for veins.

Back
Top Bottom