Duck Breeding Question

Yup. They sure can. As long as they are the same species (and sometimes if the species is closely related) they can breed.

I have 5 Pekin/Welsh Harlequin crossed ducks and they turned out beautiful. It still worked out despite the size difference between the two breeds. ;)

20180110_152859.jpg
20180110_153111.jpg
20180110_153546.jpg

I bought some white layer hatching eggs so we shall see.

For all you duck lovers who have chickens. Did you guys build a separate location for them? I know I need to set up a more permanent pond situation so they can do their waterbaths, because I am not interested in doing the daily emptying/washing of the kiddy pool! lol I can feed them flock raiser, correct? And just have the oyster shell as free choice.

Are there any special requirements for their coops or roosts? Do they even roost? lol Too curious! And too sleepy.. sorry for 2100 questions, but these are the things I ponder at 2:15am EST. :gig

I bought some white layer hatching eggs so we shall see.

For all you duck lovers who have chickens. Did you guys build a separate location for them? I know I need to set up a more permanent pond situation so they can do their waterbaths, because I am not interested in doing the daily emptying/washing of the kiddy pool! lol I can feed them flock raiser, correct? And just have the oyster shell as free choice.

Are there any special requirements for their coops or roosts? Do they even roost? lol Too curious! And too sleepy.. sorry for 2100 questions, but these are the things I ponder at 2:15am EST. :gig
I have my ducks right now with my chickens in a really large coop, I have lots of duck nesting boxes and chicken nesting boxes and the females seem to want to use the top roll of nesting boxes that are a foot off the ground. As for ducks and chickens together I will be separating them here really soon due to the boy ducks trying to mate with my chickens. When they try to mate with them the pull all the feathers off my chickens back!

They can also kill your hens drakes and chickens are not made to mate.
My Muscovy's roost with my chickens but I would suggest separate houses if at all possible. Mine were separated for many years until I knew My drakes weren't messing with my hens as long as I keep many female ducks for my drakes they don't mess with the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom