Dry hatching with duck eggs?

winteree

Songster
6 Years
Apr 5, 2014
We wear cowboy hats here guess where?
I'm getting some Ancona Duck hatching eggs soon And i wanted to know can a dry incubation be used with ducks? It's also called dry hatching i used this on some chicken egg's is this last cino de mayo HAL and none of the egg's hatched. Heck none of them even developed no veins no blood no nothing they looked like bunch of store bought eggs when i did my eggtopsys. I don't know why this egg's didn't develop they where shipped in cold weather and where a day late and my incubator temps where all over the place (now i have a thermostat). So it's hard t say why those egg's didn't develope but i really want these duck eggs to hatch has anyone tried a dry hatch with ducks and was it successful?

Seems to me that proper humidity is vital to hatching ducklings. I would not risk it. I am sharing what I have read on the Duck Forum. Have you read the sticky on hatching waterfowl?

Hoo boy I wish I knew all this. I pick up things here and there on the duck forum, but am not a hatcher. yinepu is, and there are many others - just the first name that came to mind.

Hoo boy I wish I knew all this. I pick up things here and there on the duck forum, but am not a hatcher. yinepu is, and there are many others - just the first name that came to mind.
Yeah the only reason i even messing with hatching is because the shipping for ducks (and most other fowl) is outrageous. if i made money on a regular basis it wouldn't be so bad but i don't.

Back
Top Bottom