Does anyone have a little lemon bites recipe? Or any lemon recipe?

MaggieRae

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 12, 2009
North Texas
My father's friend brings these delicious little lemon bites that his wife makes sometimes when we have events, and being the lemon lover that I am, I would love to have the recipe. The problem? I don't know his wife, and I won't see him to ask about it for another month and then it would take him a month to get the recipe to me. So I was curious if any of y'all might know it. They're small little bites that melt in your mouth and break easy but they're not all that cakey. There's a lemon glaze on them that just melts in your mouth!

Of course, why stick to just lemon bites? I love lemon food, so do y'all have any lemon recipes so I can get my lemon fix? Please?
fl.gif

Thanks to those who post.
hugs.gif

Girl you need to make friends with Google.

Lemon Bites
Makes : 72

1 18 1/4 oz pkg. lemon cake mix
1 Egg
1 4 oz Contain frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
1/2 c Sifted confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg and topping. Batter will be very stiff. Drop by Teaspoons into confectioner's sugar. Roll into 1" balls, using sugar to keep dough from sticking to hands. Place balls of dough 2" apart on greased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light brown on bottom. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

Or a more complicated one. the rest of the recipes were the same as the first one I posted.

Meyer Lemon Bites

Crust
3/4 c. flour
3 tbsp. powdered sugar
3/4 of a stick of unsalted butter, cut into small pieces

Filling
2 tbsp. flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
2 tbsp. fresh Meyer lemon juice
2 tsp. finely grated Meyer lemon zest
powdered sugar for sifting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 24-count mini-muffin pan.

For the crust
Whisk the flour and sugar in a medium bowl to combine. Using a pastry mixer or your fingers, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles oatmeal. Using your fingertips, press about 1/2 tbsp. of dough in each mini-muffin cup, filling about 1/3 of each cup. Bake for about 10 minutes, until tops are pale gold.

For the filling
While the crust is baking, blend the eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Blend in the flour, sugar and baking powder until thoroughly combined (iIf you're not lazy like me, you can mix the dry ingredients together in a seperate bowl before adding to the lemon mix. I didn't want to dirty another bowl).

Add a few spoonfuls of lemon mixture to each mini-muffin cup. You can fill them quite full--they don't rise much. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool about 10 minutes in pan, then remove to rack. When completely cool, sift powdered sugar over the top.

My mom used to make lemon sponge pie, but hers had twice as much sugar and half as much lemon. I like this version, from Recipezaar, much better. Made one at Thanksgiving and everyone loved it.

According to my mom's recipe, you can use anywhere from 2 to 5 tablespoons of flour in the filling. The more flour, the thicker the cake layer on the top. I used 2 tablespoons instead of the 3 called for in this recipe. I prefe a thicker lemon custard layer.

Lemon Sponge Pie Recipe #35883
This is a old, but lovely pie recipe
by Ocean~Ivy

50 min | 10 min prep

1 pie

• 1/2 cup sugar
• 3 tablespoons flour
• 2 lemons, juiced & rind grated
• 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
• 1 tablespoon butter, melted
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup milk
• 2 egg whites
• 1 unbaked pie shell (8 or 9 inches)

1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine the sugar and flour; add lemon juice and rind, egg yolks, butter, and salt.
3. Mix well.
4. Stir in milk.
5. Beat the egg whites until firm; fold into batter.
6. Pour into pie crust.
7. Bake 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 350°F; bake 30 minutes, or until pie springs back from light touch.
8. Cool on rack.

Last edited:
These are a fav here:

Lemon Blossoms

18 1/2-ounce package yellow cake mix
3 1/2-ounce package instant lemon pudding mix
4 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
Glaze:
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 lemon, zested
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons water
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray miniature muffin tins with vegetable oil cooking spray. Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and oil and blend well with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour a small amount of batter, filling each muffin tin half way. Bake for 12 minutes. Turn out onto a tea towel
To make the glaze, sift the sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, zest, oil, and 3 tablespoons water. Mix with a spoon until smooth.
With fingers, dip the cupcakes into the glaze while they're still warm, covering as much of the cake as possible, or spoon the glaze over the warm cupcakes, turning them to completely coat. Place on wire racks with waxed paper underneath to catch any drips. Let the glaze set thoroughly, about 1 hour, before storing in containers with tight-fitting lids.

Quote:
Thanks all for the recipes!!! They look absolutely mouth watering, and I can't wait to try them. The above was actually the recipe I was looking for originally (before stumbling upon all the awesome others) so I'm making them now.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom