Do you see anything on his foot?

sunnie7

Crowing
7 Years
Oct 24, 2016
Southern Indiana
This rooster is laying around a lot and limping bad on this leg. We washed his foot and I felt his leg and nothing seemed swollen or warm. Only thing I see is the spot on the end of his toe. We covered the foot in iodine and then sprayed it with vetericyn. Any other suggestions?

76D8F8D4-F039-4F4F-B19E-099EC426FCC1.jpeg

I agree there are 2 spots on the ends of the toes that look injured. Make sure your coop bedding is dry, and keep an eye on the toes healing. Could she have scraped and injured her toes? Even a broken toenail can cause a lot of pain and limping.

I agree there are 2 spots on the ends of the toes that look injured. Make sure your coop bedding is dry, and keep an eye on the toes healing. Could she have scraped and injured her toes? Even a broken toenail can cause a lot of pain and limping.
We did put new mulch in the run last week so maybe he he injured them then. Coop is dry, ramps are good, nice large pile of pine shaving for landing. The toenails didn’t look bad or lose or anything all I saw were these spots on the bottom tips of the toes.

Back
Top Bottom