Do you need to turn on the incubator early?

Shipgirl

Songster
Feb 2, 2023
Arkansas
I have the NR360. I’ll be getting hatching eggs in the next couple days. I read the instructions so I understand how to turn on and use, but my question is, do you have to turn it on early or preheat it? Or do I wait until the eggs are in?

Yeah it’s not required, but I usually do so that it’s stabilized temperature and humidity with my additional hygrometers inside that I use for calibration. I find that I usually need to wrap my NR in a thick blanket or towel in order to stabilize things. The big clear viewing lid allows a lot of air and moisture to escape, so a cover to minimize this is handy. Consistency is key to incubation success. Good luck!!

Yeah it’s not required, but I usually do so that it’s stabilized temperature and humidity with my additional hygrometers inside that I use for calibration. I find that I usually need to wrap my NR in a thick blanket or towel in order to stabilize things. The big clear viewing lid allows a lot of air and moisture to escape, so a cover to minimize this is handy. Consistency is key to incubation success. Good luck!!
Thanks! That’s a good idea!

I turn mine on a day or so early to check everything and to preheat the water in the pan.

I do not need to do anything to stabilize the temperature and humidity. I have it on a shelf in the laundry room where there is no possibility that it could be hit by the sun and well protected from drafts. The temperature and humidity never vary unless I've removed the lid.

When you start it, you need to do the reset to make sure that it's counting down the correct number of days and to make sure that the turner is operating.

I turn mine on a day or so early to check everything and to preheat the water in the pan.

I do not need to do anything to stabilize the temperature and humidity. I have it on a shelf in the laundry room where there is no possibility that it could be hit by the sun and well protected from drafts. The temperature and humidity never vary unless I've removed the lid.

When you start it, you need to do the reset to make sure that it's counting down the correct number of days and to make sure that the turner is operating.
I have mine on a counter in the corner of my laundry room- I’m pretty sure no one else knows this area exists 😂

So turn it on early and reset the timer once the eggs are in.

Just an FYI, if you get the temp stable ahead, and you add the eggs, it may take a little bit for the temp to get back up as it will be heating the eggs. I got nervous the first time as it took about 30 minutes and the low temp emergency beep went off!

Back
Top Bottom