do you know B. Cummings, artist?

Darling Imp, the world is shrinking by the minute! And I, for one, am glad. We used to be small towns where neighbors helped one another. I'd like to think that, in this world, we could all help one another in some way, large or small. Good to hear from you again - Merry Christmas!
goodpost.gif

Tip if you do get another print, go to a framing shop and get UV glass. It will cost more but really helps cut down on fadding..

I have 4 originals paintings not print but the original painting that I bought from Beth. 2 of them are chickens and 2 are of guns and fishing rods.I 'm thinking of selling them.

Hi Andrew,

I have 4 of your mothers originals. Here are the titles:"The One That Got Away" on the back she has written "For Harry"; "The One That I Missed" on the back she has written "For Fred"; "Rooster", and "Hen", I also have prints of the Rooster and Hen that she gave me. I have her hand written note telling me that having the prints to the originals makes the originals more valuable.

My husband, Erin and I used to own a furniture store in Mt. Airy, MD. Your Mom came to our store twice to do showings of her work and sign the prints she sold in our store. We enjoyed her visits so much. Your Dad would come as well! It was at these visits that we bought the originals.

We are getting ready to retire and we have to downsize. We would like to sell these originals and I was wondering if you knew of a good place to start. Maybe a gallery? I also have many prints.

Thanks for your help,
Norma Brown

Last edited by a moderator:
How interesting that this connection between original art owner and artists son was made here on BYC prepetuated by a determined print owner. Wonder what will come of the connection?

I want to thank everyone that has been searching for b cummings. I have three of the framed prints and just love them. I found backyard chickens while searching for the artist. I am excited about all the information that I have learned from your inputs. Thanks again and have a great Easter. Bless you all. Gloria

Found this though:

I've been on BYC for a couple of years. Today I got a Beth Cummings print from a garage sale. They threw it in free for buying a $15 rooster salad bowl. Here are some fotos.

Looking for information on an artist by the name of B. Cummings. He, or she paints in oils, primitive style. e-mail -- [email protected]

maybe he knows something!

Good idea (picture); I'll have to take it tomorrow.  The flash is washing out the already faded print.  I've googled the artist, but no help with just an initial and last name.  There's no other info on the print.  Thanks for the reply.  Caroline  /img/smilies/hmm.png

This was on the back and here is the signature.

OMG! I used to shop at your store back in the late 80's. I absolutely loved it and was so sorry to see it close. I grew up in and still live in Mount Airy, MD. I purchased several of Beth Cummings prints from you back then and still enjoy them today. I've recently been trying to find out more about their value. As others have found, this isn't an easy task even with the capabilities of the internet. I'm thinking that AntiqueRoadhouse.com may be the best resource. I'd have to pay a small commission but at least my questions would be answered.

I was looking at this thread and I LOVE all the art work that has been pictured. I'm going to look up Beth Cummings and see about getting one of her prints, there is just no way an original would work in our budget. And Andrew, I'm sure you know, but wow! You had a very talented mom. I'm so glad I clicked on this thread. The artwork is very much my style

Last edited:
B. Cummings was a longtime artist from Moorhead, Minnesota (right across the river from Fargo, North Dakota), who specialized in watercolor. She was a member of several galleries around here, and much beloved for her work and her life. I have several of her pieces.

Back
Top Bottom