Do pigeons need CVIs when imported to state?

tacothechicken

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 2, 2015
Katy TX
Hey guys I found out I'm moving to TX and planning to hopefully take all my animals w/ me. The poultry & ducks are gonna be the hardest due to all the tests they require(Imma go broke) but do my pigeons need anything? I assume they need a Health certificate but can my vet give me that or do I need to get in contact with someone higher up? Or maybe they don't need one at all? I also have a lizard my parrot and 2 toads, Those guys also need health certificates I assume?

Hey guys I found out I'm moving to TX and planning to hopefully take all my animals w/ me. The poultry & ducks are gonna be the hardest due to all the tests they require(Imma go broke) but do my pigeons need anything? I assume they need a Health certificate but can my vet give me that or do I need to get in contact with someone higher up? Or maybe they don't need one at all? I also have a lizard my parrot and 2 toads, Those guys also need health certificates I assume?
The best way to get the answers to your questions is to call the Texas.State Animal Health Official.

Texas Animal Health Commission

"Plan ahead, call ahead, and consult the State Animal Health Official and your veterinarian! "

In the US mainland at least, I don't believe pigeons require health certificates. The sport of pigeon racing would come to a halt if they did.

@biophiliac Lol very true, thank you! That's a little less cost for me at least. Now I need to decide if I want to sell my flock I think I'll need to sell off half just to save expenses and tight coop housing once we've arrived unless we magically find a property w/out past flood and a barn or coop, 90% sure we'll sell our goats they're just gonna be to much work in a new area w/ out a premeditated pen and cover.

The best way to get the answers to your questions is to call the Texas.State Animal Health Official.

Texas Animal Health Commission

"Plan ahead, call ahead, and consult the State Animal Health Official and your veterinarian! "
Yep I contacted both but forgot time difference so I'll be calling her again tomorrow. Just figured since pigeons are a common hobby someone may have experienced this already and could give input.

Got in contact with the Animal health and agricultural offices luckily they were super to the point and helpful! Everyone is good to go other than the ducks and chickens! The flocks need 3 tests each and Cvi + an entry permit and then they'll be good to go!

Got in contact with the Animal health and agricultural offices luckily they were super to the point and helpful! Everyone is good to go other than the ducks and chickens! The flocks need 3 tests each and Cvi + an entry permit and then they'll be good to go!
Best wishes for a smooth move. Don't forget to change your profile location.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom