Do ducks like to imitate one another?

Has anyone ever had a duckling try to imitate you or another fellow duckling?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Mamma Duck

In the Brooder
Feb 21, 2015
Illinois
So, I have two Cayuga ducklings. One of them (Daffy) always had a problem with walking. My other duckling (Sue) is perfectly healthy and eats good and is twice the size of Daffy. Recently I thought Daffy was really sick. I took Daffy to a vet, and after the her examination he told me that she has a neurological issue that is affecting her development. He told me that she is lucky to have me and that she would have never survived living in a big flock or in the wild. Anyway, Sue has been walking like her. Not all the time, just once in awhile. Do ducklings ever imitate each other? Maybe Sue thinks she is the one who is walking wrong and is trying to walk like Daffy. Any suggestions or advice anyone can give?

wee.gif

So, I have two Cayuga ducklings. One of them (Daffy) always had a problem with walking. My other duckling (Sue) is perfectly healthy and eats good and is twice the size of Daffy. Recently I thought Daffy was really sick. I took Daffy to a vet, and after the her examination he told me that she has a neurological issue that is affecting her development. He told me that she is lucky to have me and that she would have never survived living in a big flock or in the wild. Anyway, Sue has been walking like her. Not all the time, just once in awhile. Do ducklings ever imitate each other? Maybe Sue thinks she is the one who is walking wrong and is trying to walk like Daffy. Any suggestions or advice anyone can give?

wee.gif
What are you feeding your ducklings? sometimes ducklings can have a B3 deficiency which can cause neurological issues and leg issues. i would get your ducklings on some Nutritional yeast or Brewers yeast [not baking yeast] both pf the ones I rec can be bought at natural food store and whole foods. you just sprinkle a tablespon on top of their feed 1tab to 1 cup of feed. daily for 10 weeks. or you can get a super B complex [human too] and open the capsule and put into their waterer daily if it's a deficiency you should see a difference in about 5-7 days.Ducks don't imitate each other this way which makes me think this is a B3 problem. keep us updated.

Good reading https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom