Do Chickens Eat People?

RRIRMom

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 15, 2013
Arizona
I have been very ill for the last few weeks. As sick and weak as I am, I feel responsible to continue to keep their pen clean daily. Every time I clean out the chicken pen, my 11 week old pullets peck me. Not viciously, but will peck at my shoes, clothing, freckles, and even leaped to grab my hair when I bend over with the poop scoop. I wonder if I ever pass out, while unconscious, will they peck me to death?

I have tried to toss some BOSS (Black Oil Sunflower Seeds) to the opposite side while I clean to keep them busy, but they seem more interested in following behind pecking me the whole time. Again, it doesn't hurt and their actions seem more like what puppies do when young. But, being sick, I wonder what would they do if I pass out.

I also tried meal worms, but that makes them too excited.

Thank you in advance for letting me know if I should be concerned or not.

Last edited:
Be concerned, very, very concerned.
hide.gif
Have you seen Jurassic Park? Think tiny little velociraptors desiring animal protein.
th.gif

If you had pigs...I would be worried. You are mom, they love you - but I do not think that they will love you to "death" if you passed out. They would probably perch on top of you, as it would be a new and comfy spot.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom