Diving back into my hobby

I don't know if I'm more excited to see the process, or the end result 😃 the chicken body shapes are looking fun already!
The process is fun. Still a lot to do. What you're seeing in the picture will be the backs of the ornaments. Kind of hard to explain - but I like the initial fusing to be upside-down, so that I can flip the glass and have a flat surface to build on before the next fusing. The flip side of these glasses have a different pattern, altogether

I just looked at your album, wow! Those are really neat. Those animals are really awesome and I really liked the minion too 🤣
LOL He was a special request. I do my own designs, unless someone asks for something in particular. Like the "heat miser" character from Rudolph. Not my favorite - but someone asked for him. 🙂

The process is fun. Still a lot to do. What you're seeing in the picture will be the backs of the ornaments. Kind of hard to explain - but I like the initial fusing to be upside-down, so that I can flip the glass and have a flat surface to build on before the next fusing. The flip side of these glasses have a different pattern, altogether

It will be interesting to read how the process works and to see how the pieces evolve. Thanks for sharing this with us!

I bet you could sell gobs of chicken suncatchers among other things. I have two giant butterfly ones I got for my birthday a few years ago and asked if they had chickens but nope.
I used to have an etsy shop. Two, actually (one was sort of bohemian - for the hippie crowd). Did pretty well, for a hobbyist. When the shutdown happened, I closed it. Etsy raised their sellers' prices, shipping prices went up and glass prices went way up. Things were already tight for shoppers, and I didn't feel that raising my prices would go over. People had to think of more important things. And the economy is even worse, now. 😕

I used to have an etsy shop. Two, actually (one was sort of bohemian - for the hippie crowd). Did pretty well, for a hobbyist. When the shutdown happened, I closed it. Etsy raised their sellers' prices, shipping prices went up and glass prices went way up. Things were already tight for shoppers, and I didn't feel that raising my prices would go over. People had to think of more important things. And the economy is even worse, now. 😕
The butterflies though were bought in our town at a garden shop. Maybe you could find a place that would consign your stuff, like they get some percentage. This shop has lots of other stuff like these and wind spinners, etc. and I'm sure they either buy them or consign them as they are homemade.

Attachments

• 360.JPG
    360.JPG
    552.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 361.JPG
    361.JPG
    627.6 KB · Views: 3
The butterflies though were bought in our town at a garden shop. Maybe you could find a place that would consign your stuff, like they get some percentage. This shop has lots of other stuff like these and wind spinners, etc. and I'm sure they either buy them or consign them as they are homemade.
Very pretty ♡

Back
Top Bottom