Different temperature for Still Air Incubator?

kellyatric

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 13, 2011
England
Hi there, I have read in a couple of places that if you have a still air incubator, the temperature should be slightly higher.

Is there any truth to this because I had a hatch last week that went wrong (no hatches) and would like to get everything right this time.

Thanks!

The ideal temp in still air is 101 on top of the eggs. This kind of bator will have heat layers since heat rises and doesn't mix evenly without a fan. Mine runs about 98.9 on the bottom, 101 on top of the eggs and I would guess more like 103 up by the element. If you have 101 on the bottom, you could easily have 103 on top of the eggs and be cooking your eggs.

I'm so sorry your hatch failed. This hatching thing is such a roller-coaster!

Good luck!

I have a still air and run it at 99.5 and have Great success with mine. When the temp changes I know its time for them to start hatching. I watch mine closely and havent had any problems with it staying at 99.5 . I dont run it higher. Thats how I use mine.

Quote:
Thanks for the info - that would explain why I was having a different reading from my two thermometers because one was on the floor and the other was above the eggs.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom