Different rates of development in incubator?

pharmchickrnmom

Songster
9 Years
Apr 13, 2010
I was wondering if it was possible to have eggs develop at different rates in the same incubator. I am using an lg that I bought used and set 6 silkie eggs I got off ebay 10 days ago. So far the temp readings have been consistant in that on the right side it reads 99.5 to 101. The left side always reads 101 to 102. I have two thermometers, one on each side. The humidity holds consistantly between 40 and 50 percent. I candled on day 5 and pulled out one egg that was unfertilized (right side). The other two eggs on the right side showed veins and eye spot and movement. On the left side, I have one egg that shows the same thing but the other two eggs look further along. They have a dark blob where the chick is and I can see some movement if I hold the flashlight just right. This confuses me because they match the pics on the candling link at 12 or 13 days. Is it the incubator or are they just a little older eggs than the others? This is my first time hatching so I am trying not to bother them too much but do check temp and humidity several times during the day to make sure nothing has changed. Educate me please!!!
caf.gif

It is possible for different rates of development to take place and as one side is higher than the ohter then it is possible that the higher temperature is casuing the chicks to develop that little bit quicker than the others.

hu.gif

I'm in a similar boat. I have a LG still air and have 11 eggs left (out of 25 that were set) I'm on day 15 and 9 of them look to be going along well...1 however looks like it is behind the others. Curious....

Good Luck!!!! Sending good hatching vibes ~~~~~~
fl.gif
~~~~~~~

No, mine came with a fan and I have a turner as well. Mostly for my benefit. I just find it kinda weird. Still hoping that all hatch though!
If the two that are further along hatch first, do I leave them in the incubator until the others hatch as well? Hatch date is March 11.

Back
Top Bottom