Diet for pet naked neck

Nov 26, 2021
Hi, I have a pet naked neck and I have noticed she is a bit heavy. I’d like to put her on a diet, she currently eats feed (I’m not sure what type but I think starter + layer), a banana, normally some lettuce or cabbage and eggs + shells. I know this does not exactly fulfill all her nutrition needs so she is allowed to free-range for an hour a day
I‘d search up a good diet but due to her being a pet and thus indoor I don’t know if it would be different
She’s roughly four months old and is laying almost every day

Not sure if this thread goes here

Hi, I have a pet naked neck and I have noticed she is a bit heavy. I’d like to put her on a diet, she currently eats feed (I’m not sure what type but I think starter + layer), a banana, normally some lettuce or cabbage and eggs + shells. I know this does not exactly fulfill all her nutrition needs so she is allowed to free-range for an hour a day
I‘d search up a good diet but due to her being a pet and thus indoor I don’t know if it would be different

How big is her enclosure?

If her diet is mostly the feed, I don't see why this would be inadequate. If she's too heavy, I would suggest cutting out the extras like the banana and letting her exercise more.
Here's a chart to give you an idea what her breast should feel like, how much flesh should be kn either side of her keel bone.
Screenshot_20221029-085106_Chrome.jpg

How big is her enclosure?
She roams around a room, so roughly 6x4 I believe
she might need more exercise or activity. is she alone? is there a way she could have a friend or two?
Yes she is alone. I don’t think it will be possible to get more chickens as pets but when she goes out the flock interact with her
If her diet is mostly the feed, I don't see why this would be inadequate. If she's too heavy, I would suggest cutting out the extras like the banana and letting her exercise more.
Here's a chart to give you an idea what her breast should feel like, how much flesh should be kn either side of her keel bone. View attachment 3390650
I’ll definitely get her to exercise more, I’ll also only give her a banana every over day or so and see if that helps. The chart is useful, she is currently laying an egg but I’ll check what she has after

Back
Top Bottom