Did a Turkey sneak in our nest or... (Pics)

Manningjw

Crowing
11 Years
Oct 5, 2011
Shoreline, Washington
Well we had our very first HUGE egg this week, presumed double yolker. Our Red Star who has now laid an egg 49/50 days since her very first egg
clap.gif
somehow managed to squeeze this egg out. I am not entirely sure how she did it as small as she is compared to others in the flock.

Here is the egg next to a store bought egg and one of our smaller eggs, and no that carton absolutely cannot close.

108555_img00535-20111026-1132.jpg

Here is a picture next to the X-large egg she normally lays:

108555_img00540-20111026-1346.jpg

Here is our now favorite hen the Red Star, front and center:

Quote:
Will do! I am sure it's just a double but wow that beast of an egg amazed us. Not to mention she still laid an egg the day right after (today) like clock work. We wouldn't have been at all dissapointed if she decided to take a day or more off after that one
lol.png

I had the same thing! That is a GINORMOUS egg! I called mine the Baby Huey egg! Baby Huey is a gigantic and naïve duckling cartoon character. That has to be a triple threat! Hats off to the gal who made it! It just looks so funny sitting in the egg carton! Kind of like the movie Elf, when Buddy is in the North Pole with the elves... Nice.

And that's why I love my sex links!
big_smile.png
I know the heritage breeds are pretty but it's my sex links that produce consistently, always have BIG eggs and can charm the dickens out of me as easily as some of my fancier birds.

Back
Top Bottom