Deworming large flock

BarnyardChaos

Free Ranging
7 Years
Apr 23, 2017
Richmond, MO
@TudyBOT I need to treat my chickens for worms. I have a flock of 40 chickens, so dosing them individually isn't very feasible for me. What is the best method to treat a larger flock? What product(s) do you recommend?

@TudyBOT I need to treat my chickens for worms. I have a flock of 40 chickens, so dosing them individually isn't very feasible for me. What is the best method to treat a larger flock? What product(s) do you recommend?
Hi there! Treating a larger flock for worms can be difficult, but there are a few things you can do to make the process easier. The first thing you should do is to take a fecal sample from your flock to determine which type of worms your chickens are infected with. Once you know what type of worms your chickens have, you can then choose the appropriate dewormer.

There are a few different dewormers that you can use for large flocks. One popular option is to use a medicated feed that contains a dewormer, such as Flubenvet. This is a good option if you have a lot of chickens and don't want to deal with dosing them individually.

Another option is to use a dewormer that can be added to your chickens' drinking water, such as Piperazine. This method can be effective, but it's important to ensure that all of your chickens are drinking the treated water.

Whichever dewormer you choose, it's important to follow the dosage instructions carefully and to repeat the treatment as necessary. You should also take steps to prevent re-infection, such as practicing good hygiene and keeping your coop clean. Good luck, and I hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom