Dewlap Toulouse eggs?

shmooborp

artistic fowlism
16 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Yamhill County, Oregon
I recently ordered a few Dewlap Toulouse eggs from someone I haven't bought from before. All arrived in tack but one of the eggs seemed a little darker than the others, and when I unwrapped it, it had a lil damp spot. I candled it and cant see much but I didn't notice any cracks. It has a bit of a funny smell compared to the others. I worry Its somehow rotten? The eggs got here fast. 3 days. most of them were rather dirty though.

I would like to get another few eggs but I would like to find someone who comes recommended. Anyone hatched or ordered eggs from well respected suppliers on here? SOP preferred.
Thanks for any input!

You can try searching on facebook. A quick search showed there is a private group called dewlap toulouse geese breeders that appears active. You may also try calling Holderreads. He is based in corvallis. He retired a couple years ago but may know of a breeder. Good luck!!

You can try searching on facebook. A quick search showed there is a private group called dewlap toulouse geese breeders that appears active. You may also try calling Holderreads. He is based in corvallis. He retired a couple years ago but may know of a breeder. Good luck!!
Thank you for this! :)
I discovered the weird egg was in fact rotten. It started seeping from its pores within a few hours of incubating so I quickly pulled it.

I was just curious if anyone’s had a good personal experience or comes with recommendation.

Thank you for this! :)
I discovered the weird egg was in fact rotten. It started seeping from its pores within a few hours of incubating so I quickly pulled it.

I was just curious if anyone’s had a good personal experience or comes with recommendation.
there is a group on Facebook for the breed Ted is admin. He has incredible geese and if your really nice might ship eggs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/591693357561667

Back
Top Bottom