Developing My Own Breed Of Large Gamefowl For Free Range Survival (Junglefowl x Liege)

Pics
I tied to locate the woods flock after dark to see where they were roosting and could not. That's probably a good thing. If they aren't obvious to me, perhaps they won't be obvious to an owl either.

I came and went throughout the day to check on them and late in the afternoon I sat a while on the edge of the food plot. They spent most of the day in the heavy cover where I couldn't see or hear them. About 5pm they ventured out on the woodline and foraged with Erik leading them. When they realized I was there they came out into the food plot, but took to cover again when a big hawk flew by to the north. That's where I left them. Interestingly, 2 of the hens would never leave cover at all.

DSC_0037.jpeg

DSC_0086 (1).jpeg

Any plans to toss a fayoumi into one of the breeding pens?
The fayoumi crosses are already in with Azog and laying eggs, but so far their egg size is disappointing. Their body size is that of a full sized American game hen, but their egg size is that of a smaller OEGB. They may likely get tossed to the free range gauntlet, something their brothers couldn’t handle.

The fayoumi crosses are already in with Azog and laying eggs, but so far their egg size is disappointing. Their body size is that of a full sized American game hen, but their egg size is that of a smaller OEGB. They may likely get tossed to the free range gauntlet, something their brothers couldn’t handle.
I’ve seen larger egg size in fayoumi weird they are not of size. Maybe the ones I saw were mixed with something…?

Back
Top Bottom