Developing My Own Breed Of Large Gamefowl For Free Range Survival (Junglefowl x Liege)

Pics
I am skeptical about any wholistic natural medicinal product. If it was really effective then it would be widely known and the pharmacological world would not have bothered to synthesize a drug. To convince me requires some sort of proof.
I'm skeptical about trusting everything the institution says when so many people have complaints about doctors steering them in the wrong direction or not at all.

If we use this simple logic you applied to it, we could just as well say it's not in the interest of pharma to promote free natural cures that people have been using for centuries, because where would that leave them dictating everything from their Ivory towers?

To convince me requires some sort of proof.
The proof is that it works for them. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it false. You just don't believe it, that's okay, you don't have to believe it in order for it to be true.

The proof is that it works for them. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it false. You just don't believe it, that's okay, you don't have to believe it in order for it to be true.
There is plenty of circumstantial evidence for everything. Show me replication and peer-reviewed documentation

There is plenty of circumstantial evidence for everything. Show me replication and peer-reviewed documentation
Exactly. Where's the control group or chicken or whatever? You have to ha e something to go against to prove something different has happened. I can say whatever I want and it seems to happen alot here. It's not our responsibility to do our own research on something somebody else did. That person needs to prove with their research and findings through a proper experiment to prove thier findings.

Exactly. Where's the control group or chicken or whatever? You have to ha e something to go against to prove something different has happened. I can say whatever I want and it seems to happen alot here. It's not our responsibility to do our own research on something somebody else did. That person needs to prove with their research and findings through a proper experiment to prove thier findings.
Unfortunately unless there's a way to patten so they can make money, no one is going to spend money on a study and get it published for peer review.

How big is lanky
Unknown. He’s been molting this month with blood quills so I haven’t wanted to handle him. Here is a current pic. The big pullet on the left is the American x aseel cross I got a few months ago. She’s a bit over 4lb. The small mature Cracker hen in the middle is probably 28 oz or so. I’d guess he’s a solid 3lbs.
86BA40BF-2C00-4FBA-BC41-6B54E2C330F9.jpeg

D564C519-A6F3-4574-9A77-860221789C97.jpeg

Azog is growing by the day. His frame is already comparable to Indo’s. I am becoming more and more confident that he’ll be the size of a large Liege rooster.

So now my decisions concerning the next step are becoming more pressing. One direction I can go is to bring in some more oriental blood. Or I can bring in more bankivoid blood. I am convinced that either way, I need to bring in the third bloodline for added vigor. I want to keep full feathering and large, functional wings, so that favors bankivoid. Yet I also like the vicious attitude of orientals and the giant size.

In terms of what I have on hand, the large American x aseel pullet might be a good candidate. But I’m going to need multiple hens and I’ll need to line breed enough to normalize the traits. I believe either directions in crosses to Azog or Indo will require multiple generations to get right, as adding the third bloodline will add additional traits I may or may not want. Also I will have access to the offspring of Azog’s excellent brother, who will most assuredly be paired to large Americans, and my brother’s pure, half, and 3/4 Liege.

So many options. So few open coops on my farm. And many years of work ahead.

Back
Top Bottom