Developing My Own Breed Of Large Gamefowl For Free Range Survival (Junglefowl x Liege)

Pics
I think breeding Indo back to the Liege hens and then maybe again to their offspring will make for excellent free range birds.
I think you are right on that.
I don’t think the aseel x Liege will be ready this year. I ought to be able to produce eggs that will amount to F2s but the brother x sister crossing is likely to produce all sorts of strange results. Some will come out almost totally aseel-like. Others almost like pure Liege. And other still more combinations of the two I haven’t seen yet. To dublicate these F1s it will take a few generations of line breeding and selective culling. I’ll be able to produce eggs, I just can’t promise what you’ll get. I believe Indo to the Liege hens will produce more stable, albeit currently unknown, results.
That is good thinking, that is a structurally similar bird.

I am currently planning on breeding the aseel x Liege with everything I have, including pure Cracker and pure Liege. I haven’t noticed N1 attacking the cross pullet like he does the pure Liege hens so I suspect he will breed her.

I think breeding Indo back to the Liege hens and then maybe again to their offspring will make for excellent free range birds. Something on the larger size like the Liege but with the fire of the aseel. Indo has that fire for sure. I think he is going to be a special kind of fierce when he’s grown. He father was/is a true gamefowl. I sent the aseel to a gamefarm south of me when I was done with breeding for the F1s and he’s caused all sorts of management problems there. Indo is showing more dominance and aggression drive now than his aseel father did at the same age. I think the Liege need that. My brother is raising pure Liege and although they are gorgeous and healthy birds, he can keep multiple bull stags in with hens no problem.

I don’t think the aseel x Liege will be ready this year. I ought to be able to produce eggs that will amount to F2s but the brother x sister crossing is likely to produce all sorts of strange results. Some will come out almost totally aseel-like. Others almost like pure Liege. And other still more combinations of the two I haven’t seen yet. To dublicate these F1s it will take a few generations of line breeding and selective culling. I’ll be able to produce eggs, I just can’t promise what you’ll get. I believe Indo to the Liege hens will produce more stable, albeit currently unknown, results.
Well when the time rolls around I’ll just see what you have available. I don’t have a problem documenting what I get from you once the time comes. I think it will be fun to make video journals documenting your starting genetics for my own projects. You’ve inspired me, sir.

775A2759-C6E0-40D2-86BF-09DECD8D0A4E.jpeg

So check this out. Above is N1 and one of the American hens. Both N1 and the American hens are on free range. I hatched out exactly one egg from the crossing of N1 and the blue egg laying hen in a small batch of pure Cracker eggs. Look at the chick; left chick that’s taller than the rest:
A6C7EEE3-28AC-46CB-9652-04E6775B5CF6.jpeg
9C11829D-38D5-474E-B0E3-047A6907BD9F.jpeg

I like the physique so much I’ve “commissioned” several more.

View attachment 2982891

So check this out. Above is N1 and one of the American hens. Both N1 and the American hens are on free range. I hatched out exactly one egg from the crossing of N1 and the blue egg laying hen in a small batch of pure Cracker eggs. Look at the chick; left chick that’s taller than the rest:
View attachment 2982896View attachment 2982898

I like the physique so much I’ve “commissioned” several more.
Striking colors! Are you going for the blue/slate legs?

Striking colors! Are you going for the blue/slate legs?
Yes blue/slate the default color of my Crackers (although some of my Crackers have had neon green legs in the past). If the crosses come out enough like my Crackers in form and temperament, just larger, I’m going to consider the crosses as Crackers 2.0.

View attachment 2999899View attachment 2999901View attachment 2999902

I have Indo out on free range. Number 1 is cooped while he recovers from a deep puncture wound from what was likely an eagle talon. Indo is maturing slowly but steadily.
View attachment 2999899View attachment 2999901View attachment 2999902

I have Indo out on free range. Number 1 is cooped while he recovers from a deep puncture wound from what was likely an eagle talon. Indo is maturing slowly but steadily.

Indo looks like a mean bird. Very cool. I was disappointed he wasn’t showcased in your last video. But these pictures have gratified me.

He’s very tall and upright. What does he look like when he’s really on the move? Is he fast?

Indo looks like a mean bird. Very cool. I was disappointed he wasn’t showcased in your last video. But these pictures have gratified me.

He’s very tall and upright. What does he look like when he’s really on the move? Is he fast?
He’s very fast. Like a black blur when he’s running to jump on a rooster or catch an unwilling hen.

He runs with his body forward and his head upright.

Back
Top Bottom