Developing My Own Breed Of Large Gamefowl For Free Range Survival (Junglefowl x Liege)

Pics
A2304B31-AFD9-4C93-9AC0-7CA67331D0D8.jpeg
2920B28B-E3EC-49AF-9019-C885B91CB7DC.jpeg
This is the pullet that lays the blue eggs. She was hatched from a white egg. Can anyone see any traits that remind them of a blue egg laying breed?

View attachment 2944848View attachment 2944849This is the pullet that lays the blue eggs. She was hatched from a white egg. Can anyone see any traits that remind them of a blue egg laying breed?
Starlight blue eggers and whiting true blues are just a couple of the leghorn x Easter egger crosses hatcheries breed that have some similar traits. Then there’s legbars, though the father would’ve had to be a legbar mix to produce an unbarred daughter.

Starlight blue eggers and whiting true blues are just a couple of the leghorn x Easter egger crosses hatcheries breed that have some similar traits. Then there’s legbars, though the father would’ve had to be a legbar mix to produce an unbarred daughter.

Whiting true blue seems like a viable candidate. In googling their pics, it seems like their genetics can vary a lot and I saw some straight combed hens purporting to be of the breed that were similarly built without obvious head tufts or muffs.

it could also be a spontaneous mutation, it would be the third one on that allele.
It would be neat if that was the case, but I don’t see any way to know for sure. Therefore I think I have to presume something was mixed further up the chain unless evidence to the contrary could somehow arise. A previous mix would be the most likely explanation by odds alone.

I’m still going to cross her to N1 and see what the results are. I already have two eggs off of her in the incubator I willy nilly threw into a batch of pure Cracker eggs.

It would be neat if that was the case, but I don’t see any way to know for sure. Therefore I think I have to presume something was mixed further up the chain unless evidence to the contrary could somehow arise. A previous mix would be the most likely explanation by odds alone.
I agree, the only way to know if it's an allelic mutation(of Oocyan) it's with a full Quantitative Trait Locus (QTL) Analysis.

Back
Top Bottom