Dear chicken lovers...

Sweetchild_Leah

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2020
Hope y'all are having a wonderful day, and it stays that way.
Here's my "get to know me" info, to look at when I become chicken famous.
Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Well, my parents got our first generation of chickens when I was in 5th grade, I believe.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I'm in my prime senior year of high school with a hefty number of 10 chickens and 2 Silkies, so technically 10. I look at Silkies differently for counting reasons
(3) What breeds do you have? (I will make another post to introduce every one of them:)

3 Easter-Eggers, 3 Black Austrolorps, 1 black Sex-Link, 2 orange Sex-Link, and 1 Rhode Island Red. Plus my two wittle Silkies(1 white and 1 gray)
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They give me a routine to follow that helps me keep track of myself, and collecting the eggs is satisfying.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love playing videogames on my PS4 and PC(Destiny 2, Minecraft, Roblox, first-person shooters, all kinds of stuff), and although it may sound odd for a high-schooler, I find cleaning and organizing to be extremely theraputic.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I got a big family, I live with them. two other siblings and my parents. I'm blessed with four mini-schnauzers and a beautiful kitty -cat.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've used this website from when we first needed help with chickens, so about 5 years I've known of it but I just joined today :) I'm trying to be more social, and who better to socialize with than chicken lovers, right?

Thank you for reading, strangers and future me.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! 🐔

Feel free to drop in and share your flock

Updates for 2020 with us here in my 2020 flock life thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2020-flock-life.1351080/

A6691140-AB61-4EA7-B011-018092D09DAB.jpeg

It’s nice to meet you!
Nice introduction!
Those are some lovely breeds!

Back
Top Bottom