Day 6 candling pictures, are they fertile?

pineapple416

Songster
5 Years
Aug 9, 2014
Western Washington
So I candled my eggs to check to see if they were growing and I'm more confused than when I started. I know some people say you can't tell until later but some say they see veins at day 3 so...and I don't think I saw any veins at all while candling. I just need some help from people who have done this before because I have no idea what is normal. I took lots of pictures from when I candled them, along with some pictures of eggs from the fridge. They are various crosses of my Silkie roo and hens from my flock.
Thanks everyone!:)
Okay so here's pictures of the incubated eggs (sorry some of them are bad):

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

13. Random fridge eggs:
IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 13
I’m afraid your pics are not very clear and right now I see a possible embryo in only egg #9. If you could candle from the air cell (fat end) of the egg it may clearer like below ~
Okay thanks I will do that next time still new to this. I think I'm going to candle at day 13 or 14 and I'll post more pictures then too.

I’m afraid your pics are not very clear and right now I see a possible embryo in only egg #9. If you could candle from the air cell (fat end) of the egg it may clearer like below ~

Agreed. It may be the photos but I don't see anything obviously developing. If it were me I would candle again at day 10. It should be obvious at that point. If you don't see a decent amount of veins and/or movement, I would assume they are duds. Where did the eggs come from?

Agreed. It may be the photos but I don't see anything obviously developing. If it were me I would candle again at day 10. It should be obvious at that point. If you don't see a decent amount of veins and/or movement, I would assume they are duds. Where did the eggs come from?
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll wait until day 10 then throw them out. I've seen signs of life in duck eggs before and this doesn't really look like anything, I was just hoping I was wrong. I got them from the chicken yard, and I'm pretty sure they were fertilized so I'm blaming the incubator. I think that I need to get a more accurate thermometer than the one on the incubator. Oh well thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom