Ya you should probably listen to him. I wasn't here to help this time. I'm just hungry.
Then probably a bad time for this?

1702421362802.png

That's another struggle my kids have had. Can't do anything without credit. Can't establish credit because no one will give them a credit card because they have no credit. They have all needed a co signer for everything.. even to rent an apartment. And then these apartments do not turn in their payment history to the credit bureau.... unless they mess up. So they don't build any good credit there.

I started my daughter by her opening a checking and savings account. Having a JOB for a while and going to college (shes a high school science teacher now) she got a secured credit card with the specific intent on starting and growing her credit. That was at 18 and now at 23 she has built it enough with the help of a second unsecured credit card and being RESPONSIBLE, now has a nice almost new (2021ish) vehicle and her and her man is about to close on a house after living in an apartment for a couple years. You don't need tons of money to have credit (LTAY), you have to be responsible and start setting yourself up with the future in mind from hopefully a younger age. Remember the original poster is 30 years old not a teenager. This should have been started long ago but wasn't so now here she is. Practically middle aged with nothing to show. I'm not being mean I'm being real, life is real and I think she is about to find out how easy it isn't. Having one loan or school loan (which I thought scholarships was free) probably isn't gonna be enough to get whatever they want. She has to remember that credit score (whatever anyone says) is gonna be the very first thing people look at. Will this person be a good tenant, has this person been financially responsible in the past and what is the likelihood they pay what they promised or could we potentially have a problem? Like said before unless someone won the lottery it's pretty much impossible to live on cash and that won't last forever.

Back
Top Bottom