Pics

Attachments

• 20230911_110737.jpg
    20230911_110737.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Cool! What kinds of chickens do you have? And I’m good thanks.
Glad to here things are good with you. I can't recall where you are located. We are in SEMo, where the weather changes almost by the minute some days. However, we've been enjoying almost Fall like weather, so we've been able to get a lot done for our girls.
We have 3 leg horns and 3 white rocks. All but one is laying. She seems to be a bit behind the rest, although they are supposed to be the same age.

Glad to here things are good with you. I can't recall where you are located. We are in SEMo, where the weather changes almost by the minute some days. However, we've been enjoying almost Fall like weather, so we've been able to get a lot done for our girls.
We have 3 leg horns and 3 white rocks. All but one is laying. She seems to be a bit behind the rest, although they are supposed to be the same age.
Thanks and I’m in SE Massachusetts hahah I feel ya on the weather.

And that’s awesome! I love those breeds. And different birds mature at different rates so I’m sure she’ll lay soon.

Thanks and I’m in SE Massachusetts hahah I feel ya on the weather.

And that’s awesome! I love those breeds. And different birds mature at different rates so I’m sure she’ll lay soon.
They are pretty friendly. We have one that seems to be the leader, lol. I call her the General, because she keeps tabs on all of the others. She tends to peck me if I'm doing anything around their "turf" lol. We enjoy them. Which is not something I would have ever expected. We got so excited when we got our first egg. We acted like kids, lol.
I have a question you might be able to help me with. Is it egg stealing if one pullet gets in and sits on another one's egg? Bob likes to watch one of the others while they are laying and as soon as that one leaves the box, she gets in and sits on their egg. Bob is laying, but she doesn't stay and sit on her eggs. Also, all 5 gals are laying in one nesting box. There are 6 to choose from, lol.
Thanks.

They are pretty friendly. We have one that seems to be the leader, lol. I call her the General, because she keeps tabs on all of the others. She tends to peck me if I'm doing anything around their "turf" lol. We enjoy them. Which is not something I would have ever expected. We got so excited when we got our first egg. We acted like kids, lol.
I have a question you might be able to help me with. Is it egg stealing if one pullet gets in and sits on another one's egg? Bob likes to watch one of the others while they are laying and as soon as that one leaves the box, she gets in and sits on their egg. Bob is laying, but she doesn't stay and sit on her eggs. Also, all 5 gals are laying in one nesting box. There are 6 to choose from, lol.
Thanks.
Lol that’s so funny, we had one we called the Colonel LOL and I got excited too about first eggs ❤️🥰 and sounds like Bob might be starting to go broody maybe? I would watch her but otherwise I don’t think it’s an issue. And that’s common. They tend to prefer to lay where the others do since clearly it’s “safe” if they’re laying there lol you can get fake eggs though and put them in the other nests if it bugs you.

Back
Top Bottom