current set up too much work -advice for new coop?

Thanks for the good ideas.

I don't mine working, just figuring out way to make it a bit less work. I do it too often, I know. I aim to let it go 6 months, but feathers start accumulating and spiderwebs and I just can't leave it.

Love the tarp down first idea!!!! Will use that for the interior next time.

The only part of the job that I hate is dealing with the brown recluse. I see 5-6 in their daily.

I don't mine working, just figuring out way to make it a bit less work. I do it too often, I know. I aim to let it go 6 months, but feathers start accumulating and spiderwebs and I just can't leave it.

The only part of the job that I hate is dealing with the brown recluse. I see 5-6 in their daily.

You never did say how many birds you are housing in your 32 square foot coop.

Last edited:

okay I changed my mind, lots of spiders I would never clean it, my husband would.

Ha. Guess I should have mentioned the spiders. I'm just so used to them I wasn't thinking about it.

Yes, to do a major coop clean I wear boots and tuck my jeans in AND duck tape around where they meet. I wear a hoodie with hood zipped up and thick leather gloves. It's an ordeal!

Ha. Guess I should have mentioned the spiders. I'm just so used to them I wasn't thinking about it.

Yes, to do a major coop clean I wear boots and tuck my jeans in AND duck tape around where they meet. I wear a hoodie with hood zipped up and thick leather gloves. It's an ordeal!
Where are you located?

Brown recluse would make me nervous too...shudders.

Back
Top Bottom