Curled D’Uccle feet

Jjdesmo11

Songster
6 Years
Jun 1, 2017
Tennessee
I got a little porcelain D’Uccle from the feed store and I’ve had I’m assuming her for a couple weeks and just realized that her third toe on both feet curls in oddly. It’s not stiff or anything. In the past, I’ve had tiny chicks I have used cardboard to the feet. And I’m wondering if I should just go ahead and do that on this girl. it’s a preference, but I’m wondering if I may be overreacting I’m not sure I want her to go through the stress of splinting them. Any words of advice? It’s so hard with those feet feathers.

Attachments

• IMG_6188.jpeg
    IMG_6188.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 8
Is she walking normally when her feet are on the floor or ground? If she is having problems you could make her a shoe for a few days. B complex vitamins might help if she is needing some extra riboflavin (B 2.)

A lot of toe and leg problems are due to vitamin deficiency, usualy the b vitamins
It could also just be a genetic trait in your bird.
I hatched some Maran eggs I purchased online, and half the chicks had a little (outer) toe that was short, like half a toe. It has a nail so it's a full toe.
Wierd??!!
That is weird! I’ve had chicks with curled toes before but they were younger. I decided to get cardboard and splint them. Hopefully it helps. I wasn’t sure if there would be much help at 5 weeks

Back
Top Bottom