Curious

Do you know what breeds go into your particular sex link?
Hello! No I don’t. Here’s a pic if that helps at all. Was just curious. A friend wants to hatch some chicks between the two and was going to give us some. I just wanted to know what they might look like! 😂

Attachments

• DF5840E7-08AE-40FC-A5E7-4A1ECDBACFCC.jpeg
    DF5840E7-08AE-40FC-A5E7-4A1ECDBACFCC.jpeg
    534.8 KB · Views: 1
It depends on the genetics of your rooster, but the odds are really high you'll get solid black pullets and black barred cockerels. They will probably have leakage, which means random feathers can be colors other than black. The pullets will not be barred. It is possible you can tell the sex of those chickens at hatch, the boys may have a spot on their heads and the girls will not but I don't know if the down colors will let you see that spot.

It depends on the genetics of your rooster, but the odds are really high you'll get solid black pullets and black barred cockerels. They will probably have leakage, which means random feathers can be colors other than black. The pullets will not be barred. It is possible you can tell the sex of those chickens at hatch, the boys may have a spot on their heads and the girls will not but I don't know if the down colors will let you see that spot.
Wow very interesting. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom